As we will all be spending the Easter Weekend a bit differently this year, staying inside our own properties and gardens without being able to see friends and extended family as we normally might, we thought we would give you some of our top tips to help you make the most of it.
So if you’re self-isolating with family and loved ones, if you are apart from people you love and would usually visit, or even if you’re on your own, it’s important to have some plans and also to take some time out for yourself too:
- You can still stay connected with family and friends daily, either on the phone, via video calling or for a group, connect with apps such as House Party or Zoom which can be good fun – why not discuss plans for when this situation changes and you can meet in person again?
- Spend some time doing activities such as cooking or baking, sorting/tidying, reading and puzzles to keep your mind active – or do some physical exercise at home
- If you have children arrange a craft or fun activities – how about an Easter egg hunt or designing an Easter bonnet or hat?
- Make the most of the glorious weather we are having. If you can, get outside for your daily exercise: walk, jog or take a bicycle ride. If you can’t leave your house then sit and enjoy some time in your garden or on your balcony – listen to the birds, read a book or magazine, do some planting or weeding
- Make a nice meal – enjoy good food and drink. Maybe host a virtual Easter breakfast or Afternoon Tea with family or friends
- Relax in a bubble bath, watch a film, do a face mask or give yourself a manicure – self care is important and will make you feel good
- Get plenty of sleep – this helps your immune system and will make you more motivated the next day too
- Eat some chocolate eggs … but not too many!